Invisible Pet Objects

Note: I will be reviewing and updating all of my old objects/bases, as needed.  The updated objects/bases will have the same GUID and filenames unless otherwise noted. 

Since working through all the fire, I realized I was missing something.  I mean aside from the Newbies visiting every once in a while, a large home is rather lonely.  That and how could I update my invisible pet objects without any pets to test them.  So that means an expansion on the house.

The room next to the the lab looked like it was an old game room.  A few chairs, a chess table and a bookcase in the back.  The color was pretty monochromatic so after some new flooring and walls, it looks much better.

And now my pet sanctuary is ready for opening.  Actually, I'd rather get the pets first and then set up a comfortable home.  Which means...to the pet shop.

But I forgot, in the sims world they do not have cell phones which means...to the wall phone.

I must admit I didn't remember how to find and adopt some pets, but Old Town sounded familiar enough so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Ding, ding, ding.  We have a winner.  Upon arriving I got a bit lost, unsure where to adopt an animal.  Before it got dark, I finally found one.  Immediately upon entering the shop, the first cat I saw was perfect.

I chose to adopt it...or I should say it chose to accept me as it's human for we all know that the cats are the overlords and we are simply their servants.  So I adopted Lucius.

Who knew that an overlord would be so expensive.  And I was about to start looking for a dog when one approached me playfully.

I started playing with it when it's owner started yelling at me.  He shouldn't blame me, his dog approached me first.  So instead I found a dog that looked just like the one I had on The Sims Online.

We got along famously and so I adopted him and called him Tucker.  After getting all of the necessary treats, collars and nick-knacks, it was time to go home.

 
 
And fortunately, my two new pets followed.  So then I took them to my workshop, pulled out the ol' invisible pet objects to see how well they worked.


And at the same time, a stray entered my yard.  I realized I hadn't put out the invisible "No-Strays" sign so I did just in time.  I kept an eye on the stray as it approached the invisible fire hydrant.  Once it finished it's business, it disappeared just as it should.
 
 
I never liked it how a stray pet walked all the way across the yard to look at the sign and then walk all way back.  Besides, a bit of magic wouldn't do any harm.  But at least now I know it still works.  Back to Lucius and Tucker in the lab, I let them play around for a bit until Lucius needed to...well...see for yourself.


I'll admit, I did feel a bit bad for Lucius as I was watching her use the invisible litter box.  I hope she didn't notice how intently I stared.


Probably a little too intently.
 
 
After everything seemed to work, I set up the invisible beds in the other room. Since you can't see them, I put a bricko beneath them so I would know where they were at.  You can see that Lucius and Tucker chose to share a bed.  Best friends already.
 
So I tested, modified, tried, tweaked, restarted, edited, failed, slept, got annoyed and finally found a way to get them to work.

So now, the new and improved versions of the invisible pet objects  are downloadable for your pleasure.  Three out of the for objects are shown below.  There are two hints on where they are.


So enjoy the updated:


Updates from the original versions:
Updated the catalog pictures
All invisible objects have been made intersectable
Corrected the self-cleaning behavior in the invisible litter box
For the invisible pet beds, there was an issue where if the invisible entrance was facing a non-invisible wall so it couldn't be entered/exited.  This has been corrected.
Removed the unnecessary graphic state changes in the pet bed since it is invisible.
Minor tweak to the invisible fire hydrant pet animation.